Sunday, 1 June 2014

My new journey with Weight Watchers

Hi everyone,

Todays post is a bit from the norm that you'll see on my blog.  Infact this is quite a sensitive subject for me.  Back when I was a single digit of age, I was fairly thin.  Infact I'd go so far as being a stick. At about the age of 10 (maybe younger) I started to put on weight.  Of course I didn't notice it being so young I was just told by mum it was baby fat.  Oh if only that was true, I don't know what caused me to put on weight but I soon made the habit of opening up the fridge door each time I came home and sometimes I would eat.  Then go back to bed, so eating combined with next to nothing activity made me put on weight and fast. 

(picture of me when I was young to come when my mum finds it lol)

Some people ask me what made me go to food for comfort and I don't think it is one answer I think it's more of a combination.  I never realised until a while back me eating food was a way to stop me from getting depressed.  Back then I thought I was happy even though I was far from it.  Of course to everyone around me I was probably happy as daisy though I've always been good at hiding my emotions from people except from best friends and partners (though even then my partners don't clock on to what I truly feel inside).  I think there were lots of things these include;
  • Not feeling girly enough for my neighbours (after one sleepover where I obviously didn't fit in they would often not include me in stuff)
  • Bullying at school 
  • Mum giving me chocolate everyday didn't help ha ha
  • Often hating what I saw in the mirror
  • I was out-casted a LOT due to the fact I was different.  I liked anime which back then wasn't accepted as normal or right.  I didn't wear make-up I just wasn't interested except for eyeliner. I never had the most up to date phone and I didn't care either as it wasn't important to me unlike other people in school.
I'm sorry if this picture offends anyone and I'm sorry if it makes anyone feel physically sick like it does me.  I'm doing this to show my progress....hopefully.  I had to take the picture myself so I apologise for the awkward angle.

My stretch marks don't actually bother me it's the bottom bit that does.
Of course now I look back I had a really good childhood compared to others and I'm thankful for that.  I've been on loads of diets before, heck I even lost a stone whilst calorie counting and exercising. I soon put it back on as I had no motivation to keep me going.  This is why I joined Weight Watchers the meeting are a BIG thing for me to keep me going.  I never expected how much of a change to my head though it has made.

sorry about the bad photo I took this in the evening.
I was put on Simple Start which was great for me as I'm known for snacking here and there.  I could basically eat as much as I wanted to on this list but I had to stick to this list.  Of course I was allowed to add spices and flavours AND I got 2 extra treats.  I noticed a difference mentally straight away.  One night the boys were eating takeout and drinking beer.  Not once did I want what they were eating,  I decided to have 1 of my extra treats, half a glass of wine.  At the end of the night I was surprised to see that I hadn't even drank it all!  This was shocking as I can down wine as if it's water.

At my first weigh in I lost 3.5lbs I was very happy.  I have lost more in my first week when dieting but I felt much better within myself.  I'm now in the middle of week 3 and I still feel like I'm not really on a diet.  I'm now on the Healthy and filling but instead of my extra treats I get 49 points weekly.  This works better for me especially living with a junk food lover.  Sometimes temptation can get the better of me, but I always make sure to count the points.  My aim is to try and lose at least 2lbs each week though I know this might not always be possible.  I've also started to think more about exercise, ask my friend James when he first asked me about exercise I simply said "na'h that's effort" but now my mind is changing and I want to work out more.  I have run but haven't again in a while as I haven't been 100% up to it and when I run I need to be 100% devoted to it or I know I will give up.


I've also organised my fridge with more tubs and already cut up fruit and veg though with so many tasty dishes to make it can cause a problem with things going off quickly.  One down side the fresh fruit and veg.  I will be updating this when I reach certain goals like 5% weight loss etc and I'll answer any questions if you've even managed to get to the end of this blog.  Sorry for it being so long but it's stuff I feel I need to get off my mind or chest.  Ta-ta for now.


8 comments:

  1. Love your story (blog) Rachel and feel free to share your experiences with my group Weight Watchers Simple Start Simple Success. You are off to a wonderful start toward a lifetime of healthy eating habits and lots and lots of happiness! Best Wishes for Continued Success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you hun :D. Will do! My weigh in is tonight fingers crossed I have a good loss >W<

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your journey! I have the same saggy belly too :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Losing weight won't just get rid of it though I'll have to do crunches....I hate crunches lol.

      Delete
  3. Rachel I firstly wanted to say well done for having the courage to make this blog post. I hate my body. In fact two years ago I was three stone lighter that I am today and I really dislike the fact that not only do I hate my body but I don't seem to be able to do anything about it. I find it's a vicious circle with me. I look at my body, feel disgusted, eat to make myself feel better then the circle starts again. I have made a start to try and lose weight and I really look forward to watching your progress. Popping over from www.mummy2monkeys.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have EXACTLY the same problem. I'm not even joking that is me all over. Yesterday I had a realllly bad day. I can't go into it but I was crying for ages. All I could think about was food, KFC Mcdonalds the lot. Thankfully I was so upset I couldn't be bothered to move or go anywhere. Not only that but I don't really have anything in the fridge anymore that is junk food. My biggest tip would be to think of it as a change of lifestyle not just a diet. On this new Simple Plan by WW I don't really feel like I'm on a diet which is the main thing and to pack your fridge with all healthy foods so you can't snack it's hard but oh so worth it.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for choosing to share something so personal with us. I've been struggling with my wait and have tried dieting but it just doesn't seem to work. I would love to join the gym and do something like weight watchers, but I don;t think I could afford to do both. Congratulations on the weight that you have lost so far. I wish you all the success in the world with regards to loosing more weight. I came across your blog via the FB London Beauty Blogger meet up page. I'm now following your blog on Bloglovin, I'd love it if you could follow mine there too? http://louiseabenamensah.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you will defo go give you a following. I'm not signed up to the gym like you I could not afford both but you could always do exercise at home when your home alone via DVD's ask on freecycle if your a bit skint like me. Also invest in a yoga mat ^_^.

      Delete