Friday, 14 February 2014

Review | What's in my Wantable box?

outside_wantable_box

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is having a fantastic Valentine's day. I can't spend my day with my wonderful partner BUT I'm spending it with my beautiful son which is just as good :D. This week we've been doing some Valentine activities which will be over on my parental blog this Monday.

Any hoo today I am reviewing my first ever beauty box sent to me from Wantable.  I was one of the lucky bloggers to be picked to receive a free beauty box*.  Now don't get me wrong girls I didn't just ask for this because it was free.  In actual fact I've been interested in beauty boxes for a while now but haven't really had the money nor made a decision with which one to buy.  There are so many beauty boxes available out there and each have their pros and cons.

wantable_makeup_box


So the box is nicely presented and as you can see I've already half used one of them (whoops).  This beauty box came with a good range of products I think.  Sometimes I've seen people open up beauty boxes only for half of it to be filled with products focusing on one area of the face, for example your eye.

A closer look at the products

LAQA_lip_pencil_wolfman

1. LAQA & Co Fat Lip Pencil in Wolfman

At first I was really intrigued by this product as I've never used a lip pencil before so I didn't know what to expect.  The packaging is very cute and I like it.  The product however, not so much.  For me personally it was really rough on my lips.  The colour was nice but sadly this is my lips natural colour so it didn't show up on my lips at all.  Other people however have said how this glided on so maybe I just got a bad pencil or maybe there is something wrong with my lips haha.  I can't help but say either but it smelt really bad of....well pencil.  I know that sounds odd,  but I thought they would at least try and disguise the smell as well it's not very pleasant.

be_a_bombshell_undercover_lover_eye_base

2. Be a Bombshell Under Cover Lover eyebase

Yet again this a product I haven't ever used before.  Infact I've only recently discovered eye primers. It's a very pretty colour but perhaps only  suited for Summer?  When I first applied it I'm not going to lie I didn't really know what I was doing and applied way too much.  I applied enough to make it look like an eyeshadow...whoops.  Infact you only need the tiniest bit....though bare in mind I have the smallest eyelids in the world (well it feels that way). Even so it seemed to make the eyeshadow I applied on top last a long time.  It also went on really easily and it wasn't heavy considering how much I first put on.

Sorme_fresh_start_primer

3. Sorme Fresh start oil-free

So this was an under foundation makeup enhancer.  Basically a liquid primer.  Now first things first my review of this is going to be pretty damn useless.  Why you ask well primers don't really have an effect on my skin.  Apart from making my foundation last long I see no difference.  I don't know if this is because my skin is in such good condition (minus the T-zone) but I can't really tell the difference with or without.

So first things first.  When I applied it, it went on really well.  I used about half the sample packet and it went on really smoothly.  I don't know if I preferred it to cream based primers as I've only ever tried a sample I got from Benefit of their Porefessional primer.  It did make my T-zone look a bit clearer but then could be due to the fact I cleansed my face before hand.  I recommend others to try it though if you can get hold of a sample.

NCLA_nail_polish_lolita

4. NCLA Nail varnish in Lolita

Well I'm already kinda sold on the name.  If you see my tumblr (which is highly different to my blogs and twitter) you will see how much of a fan I am of the lolta fashion world <3.  I haven't been able to try this out yet as I bit my nails in frustration. I won't go into why but trust me girls I had a reason! It's a nice deep purple colour so great for winter.

Sorme_shimmer_glow

5. Sorme Shimmer glow

Now I really can't wait to try this out.  I'm already really impressed by the packaging.  It's hard to explain but basically you take the lid off and apply. But when you close it you lift a section up and it covers the brush. So when you put the lid on you won't get any brush hairs stuck in the lid! You then push the section back down and slide to the left and there you have it closed and secure,  I love it!  I reckon this will be one I will leave to test until the summer.  it will make my face look so radient especially with all that sun hitting the sparkles.

So there you have it.  All the products in my Wantable box and you know what I'm impressed.  When adding all the products together I got to a total of £37  and the box it's self costs £23.  Not to bad I think. It's not just beauty that this company does either.  They do a Intimates box and an accessories box.  I'm pretty sure that I haven't seen another company do that. So that's new to me and impressive.  What's even better is that each box costs the same so there is no price difference.  You can subscribe for £21 or buy a one off for only £23.  Which is better for me as I wouldn't be able to subscribe but only buy when I can.  If you'd love to find out more here is a link to their website Wantable click here.

Until next week my beauties lots and loves and hugs from me x    *This box was sent to me but all opinions are completely my own.

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame about the laqa pencil, I got a tiny one in a beauty box and it was nice - might be that you need to rub some of the first layer off and it'll soften?

    I like the polish shade you got, mine was a super pale pink one and it's nice but not amazing whereas your shade looks soo good!

    The rest of what you got is really good too and the bombshell eye shadow base looks like it could be really rather good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'd gladly swap the nail polish colours :P. pastel colours are in this Spring. Yeah I'm going to try and rub some more off though it probably doesn't help that I have dry lips a lot. Yeah the eye base is really good but I have to make sure I don't use a lot as it's quite thick.

      Delete