Monday, 3 February 2014

Fashion Feburary: Challenge 1

So a lot of you should know if you follow me on Twitter that I am part of a Fashion February Challenge.  If you didn't well you do now.  As part of Fashion Feburary we were lucky enough that the nice guys over at NUMARI, wanted to collab with us.

The challenge

Our first challenge is to take a dress we were sent via email and to match it up with 5 items.  Such as for example a bag or a blazer.

So what did I decide to do?  Well as we are coming up to Spring, I decided to pick the dress shown below.  I must say I thought I have done quite well as it's so hard when making an outfit not to stick to one colour.  





 Dress - Namuri £98 (converted from $160)
Necklace - John Lewis £11
Shoes - Boohoo £25
Earrings - paperdoll £2.50
Bag - New Look £12.99
Jacket - Matalan £20


A little bit about Numari

So I wanted to tell you guys a little bit about Numari.  I'll be honest I didn't know Numari existed before doing this challenge. But I must say I am glad I do now.  I was a bit like "oh they are slick dresses"  purely for the fact I am a size16-18 and no dresses like the above suit me.  I went on their site expecting them to only go up to a size 14.  I was then highly confused as they didn't have any sizes to select.  I then read that you sent them your measurements!!!  How amazing is that!?  I mean even if you are a size 10 sometimes you have a bodyshape where certain clothes look baggy in places.  Or what if you range from a size 8 to a size 12.  Talk about a nightmare.  Well not anymore my friends.  The dresses may seem out of some people's price range BUT think about how nice it would be to treat yourself to a dress that fits your body perfectly.

I hope you liked this post and please comment below with your thoughts :D.  I would love to hear your feedback,  (obviously over rude comments will be removed).

6 comments:

  1. Great post, I love the outfit especially the earrings. They just add that bit of bling! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks yeah I thought it might add some character to the outfit :D.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like such a good challenge! It amazing that they tailor it for your measurements, you don't hear of many places doing that. I love the bag and the earrings!

    Grace x
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4902129

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It's great due to the fact there online and buying online is even MORE difficult to get your size right. The earrings are lush ;D

      Delete
  3. I like the dress, and it's good to hear that they make the dress for you as I'm awkwardly between sizes! xx Rebecca - UK Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excactly the same problem I have. I weigh the same as before but I've noticed recently that I've started to fit into more size 14 trousers

      Delete